Description from D’Addario:
“XL Chromes are among the warmest, mellowest bass strings we have to offer. These flat wound strings provide an ultra-smooth feel and a dark, yet warm tone, while allowing movement across the fretboard with no finger noise. Made with a high carbon steel core, Chromes stainless steel flattened ribbon wrap wire is expertly wound onto a series of interlocking under-windings, then precisely polished for unparalleled smoothness and a tonal presence which blends beautifully into the mix. This 45-100 Regular Light gauge set has a nice even tension, bright tone, and tight low-end.
Ideal For: Jazz, All Genres, Nickel Free”
- XL Chromes are a flat wound electric bass string, which provide a mellower tone than round wound strings.
- Chromes stainless steel flattened ribbon wrap wire is precisely polished for unparalleled smoothness and a dark, yet warm tone.
- Like all D’Addario bass strings, XL Chromes are made with our proprietary Hex-Core, ensuring perfect intonation, consistent feel, and reliable durability.
- Chromes sets have a code on the recyclable VCI bag, which you can register to earn Players Circle points.
- D’Addario bass guitar strings are made in the USA—drawn to our exacting specifications at our New York production facility.