Description from Faith Guitars:
“One of the original Faith shapes that launched the brand at the beginning of this century, this Saturn is a square-shouldered dreadnought design.
Based upon the traditional early 20th century designs, the Saturn is like an old friend: you know exactly what to expect, and it always delivers just as you would want.
Faith HiGloss series have always been designed to offer both visual and aural beauty, and with the updating to HiGloss-3, we’re sure you’ll agree these wonderful instruments will continue to inspire musicians for generations to come.
Using a more sustainable 3-piece, solid rosewood back design, we can ensure that these incredibly popular models are available longer-term and yet retain all the tonal and visual punch that HiGloss-series afficianados have come to expect. Using high grade Englemann Spruce for the top and highly-figured, 3-piece Rosewood bound in Flamed Maple for the back and sides, HiGloss-3 models also feature solid Flamed Maple binding on the front and use stripy Indonesian Ebony for the fingerboard, bridge, headplate and heelcap.
Tonally, this combination of wood is generally bright and ‘zingy’, delivering great clarity. Visualising this as a frequency curve, it would be shaped like a smile: high on the bass, dipping down through the middle and rising once again at the top end. Therefore greater string separation and articulation is achieved, lending itself to fingerstyle and solo pieces in particular.
This Faith Guitar is fitted with the refined, low-profile Fishman INK3 preamp system with the Sonicore piezo pickup located under the saddle. The preamp features a chromatic tuner, 3 band EQ and volume control. The output jack is located at the base of the guitar as part of the ingenious, easy-access battery compartment. All HiGloss series Faith Guitars are complete with a Faith Hardcase.”
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid 3-Piece Rosewood
- Side Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Hand-Scalloped Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16″
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl ‘F’ at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: High Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman INK3 Preamp with undersaddle pickup
- Hardcase: Included